question

mako74 avatar image
mako74 asked

Victron Remote Console on Head Unit (Cerbo GX and Android Car Audio interface)

Hi guys. Anyone managed to get VRC to work on your car audio interface? I came across this YT video on the Venus GX and was wondering if Cerbo GX interface could be accessed via an Android car audio interface?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z4LXSleErw

Any tips on how to do this would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

cerbo gxVenus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·
I just saw this question which interested me as I have done this and then I see the youtube video is mine! :)

as Petr said, nothing really to if any different to using any other android tablet. This was on a customers installation using an RPi in fact IIRC rather than a Venus. I have a different Android head unit in my own Motorhome connected to a Cerbo GX and can do just the same, but what is also handy is the "/local" option. I can't recall the exact command but you can get an alternative view which you can scroll through for possible different things (different BMVs, AC load, etc).

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Petr Pospíšil avatar image
Petr Pospíšil answered ·

Hi, you can access Remote console on LAN via any device with web browser within the same network. Android headunit is nothing special in this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)