question

chasroberts avatar image
chasroberts asked

Centaur temperature sensor

Hi to all from a newbie on the community board.

I wonder if anyone has any knowledge regarding the temperature sensor on a Centaur 12/40 charger which is fitted to a Dutch barge I have purchased? As soon as I connect 230V to the charger the fans (both) start to run and then run continuously. The charger is connected to 2 battery banks both 12v (one battery @230Ah and a bank of 3 @230Ah total 960Ah). I appreciate that the charger is well below that recommended for a bank of this size but budgetary constraints mean that, for the moment at least, I have what I have.

I assume that the problem is with the temperature sensor, but this is just an assumption. Trawling the internet has offered no solution so far.

I have checked throughout the charger for hotspots but none are apparent with the largest temperature differential being about 2C above ambient level. The batteries all appear to be charging fine and are all less than 10 months olds.

I have tried emailing Victron directly but have received no response.

Any thoughts on how to proceed would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Chas Roberts

MV Liza

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers