question

deltamarine avatar image
deltamarine asked

ArgoFET unused output ok?

I have twin Cummins 6CTA 8.3 motors with 150A alternators. I purchased 2 ArgoFET battery isolators to recharge the house bank from the alternators. I purchased the 1 input, 3 output battery isolators (starboard engine starting bank, port engine starting bank, house bank) however I think I only needed the 1 input, 2 output battery isolator.

It seems simpler to have the starboard alternator recharge the starboard starting battery and the house battery, and the port alternator recharge the port starting battery and house.

Can I leave an output on the battery isolator unused with a rubber cap on it? Or are they designed to require being wired to a battery?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kurt404 avatar image
kurt404 answered ·

Yes, that is acceptable. It states in the manual "Connect the positive connection of the battery sets to output 1, 2 and (optional) 3 respectively".

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.