question

ross-skyenergy avatar image
ross-skyenergy asked

Victron EasySolar II less output

Hi everyone

I recently swapped an EasySolar 48/3000 for the new model EasySolar II 48/3000 GX. Since swapping it out the customer is reporting that whenever he uses the vacuum (1800w) the vac only operates at about half power, have tested the vac at home and works fine, also worked perfectly on the original EasySolar. The system does not trip and a 2200w kettle also operates just fine.

Anyone know what could be causing this to happen.

While vac is in use, the battery is at 22 degrees and only discharging 2.9a.

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dgnevans avatar image
dgnevans answered ·

As this was working normally with the old inverter, this leaves you with 2 options. 1. new inverter is not working correctly and something has changed as part of the setup. or 2.there is something wrong with the appliance. But as the other large appliances are working normally, this points to something on the vacuum wiring. You could double check the wiring from the inverter making sure your grounds, lives and neutrals connections. Most likely this is an issue on the plug for the Vacuum. I would have a look at that. it may have a fault where by it is using ground instead of neutral to create the circuit.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ross-skyenergy avatar image ross-skyenergy commented ·

Thanks @dgnevans.

I will do some more digging and see what I find

0 Likes 0 ·
ross-skyenergy avatar image ross-skyenergy ross-skyenergy commented ·

@dgnevans - Just to double-check - is there any kind of setting in the Victron system that can cause this behaviour? I pretty much copied my old config over to the new ESII and I can't find anything that would make it do this, just wanted to make sure.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources