question

Mike Casey avatar image
Mike Casey asked

Customising discharge rates

Hi guys, I have a colour control GX running 3 Quattros and 60kwh (soon to be 90) BYD batteries. My situation is a different one in that we have a lot of dirty power issues and a huge amount of electrical equipment. I would like to customise discharge to a maximum of kwh at nighttime - relying on the grid for the remainder of operations.

I also want to make sure the GX jumps in to save low volatge issues that I seem to get daily.

Right now the batteries get sucked dry and then my equipment ceases every time there is a dirty power issue from the grid.

How do I go about programming something like this?

Thanks kindly,

Mike

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Look at setting up the ESS assistant in the Quattros and then you can control the grid set points etc etc in the Venus GX unit

you can get info on the victron energy site as there is Info there on how to do the setups

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:quick-installation-guide

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Casey avatar image Mike Casey commented ·

Hi Paul, still a bit stuck but I have transcended quite a learning curve, so I am pretty happy!

In the link you sent me there is a video by Matthijis Vader where the maximum discharge power is available in is GX firmware which i believe is exactly the function I am looking for.

1607023763431.png

However this video appears to be a few of years old now and my GX firmware does not seem to have this option within the ESS assistant. Do you know what happened to this functionality? Depricated, put in a different menu category or handled in another way?

1607023913120.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1607023763431.png (941.2 KiB)
1607023913120.png (102.9 KiB)
Mike Casey avatar image
Mike Casey answered ·

Finally figured this out and so answering for others in the future. You can still set the register for maximum discharge using ModBus TCP - or as Paul said, you can (almost) achieve the same thing by setting the grid set point value. Setting the grid set point to 10000w means that the system will draw up to 10000w from the grid when system requires, however setting it to -10000w means it will send 10000w to the grid when possible.

2 |3000