question

amidships avatar image
amidships asked

Monitoring suggestion: Cerbo GX vs (MK3-UB plus VE.BUS Smart Dongle plus Smart Battery Sense)?

Hello,

I am narrowing down to an overall system design for my RV that will consist mainly of the following components:

+ MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80

+ SmartSolar (or BlueSolar) MPPT 100/20 (12/24V-20A)

+ NoName - Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery 12V 200Ah with active BMS

The end result should be monitorable and configurable from an iPhone or Mac. As far as possible I would like avoiding the installation of control panels for this time being.

Also, the system should take in care of both leisure and starting battery charging and status.

I had in mind 2 solutions:

A) Point to point - Accessed/Managed only with VictronConnect

- Accessory: MK3-USB interface (for cable configuration/monitoring on Mac i.e grid current limit)

- Accessory: VE.Bus Smart Dongle (for Bluetooth monitoring of the Inverter/Charger/Battery on iOS and Mac)

+ SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 (12/24V-20A)

- Accessory: Smart Battery Sense (for propert charging and Bluetooth monitoring of the MPPT/Battery on iOS and Mac)

- NoName - Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery 12V 200Ah with active BMS

- Accessory: ?

B) Centrally coordinated - Accessed/Managed with VictronConnect/VRM

+ Addition: Cerbo GX

- Accessory: VE.Bus Cable Connection to Cerbo GX

+ BlueSolar MPPT 100/20 (12/24V-20A)

- Accessory: Ve.Direct Cable Connection to Cerbo GX

+ NoName - Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery 12V 200Ah with active BMS

- Accessory: ? Some kind of connection to Cerbo GX

There is an evident extra expense for the Cerbo GX, at the same time it looks like I am saving using a BlueSolar instead of SmartSolar and also not needing a VE.Bus Smart Dongle and Smart Battery Sense

There is a gain i ncentral management and expansion possibility using the Cerbo GX also being able to connect it to tank levels monitoring and so on.

I am in doubt of the following:

is the MK3-USB interface is still needed to program the MultiPlus ?

How should the leisure 200 Ah be managed from the Cerbo GX?

How should the starter battery be managed from the Cerbvo GX

Are there missing components in the picture?

Any expert eager to comment on the two a) b) setup and maybe pointing out missing pieces? (like shunts, bms, lynx distributor..) .I am also concerned in how much the managing system (Cerbo GX) would consume.

Thanks

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers