question

alexander avatar image
alexander asked

Are victron good quality batteries?

Hello guys, I am new in this forum.

I am a highschool student from Switzerland.

I would like to use a solar panel 12v 100w (Nominal voltage (Vmp) 23.1 V Nominal current (Imp) 4.3 A Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 21.8 V Short-circuit current (Isc) 5.98 A Cellular efficiency 20%) with a EPEVER AN MPPT charge controller 10A, 12V. My goal is to charge my laptop and my phone with it, so I need a battery. I would like this battery to last at least 2 years and I need a 60ah 12v battery at least.

I don't know a lot about batteries because I have just started to be curious in this field, but I quickly saw that Vitron batteries are nice and few not very expensive (my goal). So would the agm or gel victron batteries work for my goals or I should use an other battery? (I don't want to go above 200 euros/dolars)

I will connect with this battery a 12v cigarette lighter adapter with a fuse. And this will be connected to my Hp (my computer) cigarette lighter charger so I can charge my laptop with it. Some others people told me to do like that.

This is the battery I would like maybe to buy. Is it a good one?

1606510877659.png

Lithium Battery
1606510877659.png (70.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Yes they are fine batteries and if you can get a good price on them that’s great.

AGM sell 10 times that of GEL.

bear in mine you will only be able to use half the capacity written on the side of the battery or you will significantly reduce its lifetime.

Read ‘energy unlimited’ it has in-depth guidance on battery chemistry.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alexander avatar image alexander commented ·

Okay thank you very much!

Is it an article or a book?

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 alexander commented ·

It's a book (but it only covers lead-acid batteries).

You can get it (and some other books) from here.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources