question

energylad avatar image
energylad asked

3 x Quattro's in 3 phase with single phase shore connection

I've got 3 x 10 kVA Quattros set up for a 3 phase AC load.

The primary generating source is a 48 V DC Hybrid Generator and lithium battery system connected to the Quattros at 48V DC.

There is a intermittent AC mains resource that I'd like to utilise to charge to batteries or feed the load when available, the AC connection is in single phase. At the moment, the AC-in connection is wired up at 3 phase with 1 phase connected to each of the Quattro AC-in-1 connections.

Can I connect a single phase AC-in even though AC out in 3 phase ?

Should it just be connected to 1 phase only ? i.e. 1 quattro AC-in connection or should I parallel the AC-in across 3 Quattros ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @EnergyLad

Yes it can be done...but (there is always something...) it cannot be used together with ESS / grid code (but giving the irregular grid that probably wasn't the plan already)

You have to connect a single phase to one of the inverters indeed, not all of them.
in ve.bus system configurator you have to de-select 'switch as group' for that input.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jwfrary avatar image jwfrary commented ·

Love the flexibility you can achieve with these systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
peterwolff avatar image
peterwolff answered ·

So if I take 3 quattros (5-8-10KVA all same model) with mppt and lithium batterybank) i can create a 3 phase systems to power the house with solar and battery. If battery is depleted and no solar, does the 1 phase input charge the battery to power the 3 phase installation? Or am I wrong here? Also in this setup i cannot feed in the excess energy? If this works like that is there a setup available.

2 |3000