question

Tom avatar image
Tom asked

Cyrix-CT-Li and SuperPack LiPo batteries

I have two Victon SuperPack 200Ah batteries connected in parallel with a BMC-712 to a Cyrix-Li-Ct and my Sprinter's lead battery. I understand that the power flow is supposed to be one way but but this morning the Sprinter's battery is dead. I drove the Sprinter yesterday.

Since the SuperPacks have an internal BMS, I dont have an external/second BMS. I was advised to wire the Cyrix with battery to Sprinter battery, Lion terminal to one of the SuperPacks, then terminal 86 to ground and 85 to the one of the SuperPacks's postive terminal. Is this correct?

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Cyrix Battery CombinerSuperPack
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Tom Hobbs, welcome to the Community!

The Cyrix-li-ct is bidirectional, so in fact current can flow in either direction, depending on which side is charging, but that being said: the Cyrix will disconnect if either side falls below ~13.2v, so the Cyrix is not the cause of the dead start battery in this case.

What are your alternator specs? Have you checked it to ensure that it is in fact still charging your start battery? The most common cause of a dead start battery, on a vehicle that has recently been driven, is alternator failure; there are quite a few things to check after that, but that would be more a question for your local Sprinter service center/mechanic/etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Thank you for the info Justin. After doing some additional digging, I found out that that there was a fusing issue. The good news is that the system is working as designed. On to a new problem...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Product page Cyrix Battery Combiner

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic