question

shedpo avatar image
shedpo asked

Best way to connect/configure LVD when using Smart Victron 12/375 inverter and MPPT 100/20

Off grid project. Only one starter battery. I don't want to discharge below 12.5 volts to give the battery a chance of lasing. The inverter is going to have a tiny load (<10 watts). I'm wondering what is the best way to set up a low voltage disconnect? Both the MPPT and Inverter have programable disconnect. Inverter has a remote switch, so it can be wired to the load terminals of the MPPT. Is this the best way to wire things up? I suspect that if the MPPT shuts off the remote switch, the inverter will draw less power than it might otherwise draw while in standby. Thoughts?

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
alex-rhys-hurn avatar image
alex-rhys-hurn answered ·

Hi,

I am doing the same as you. You have to read the manual carefully as it matters which hole on the remote switch port you use, left or right.

But yes, as you suggest having the MPPT Load output turn off the inverter works reliably.

Inverter should be connected direct to battery (with fuse) and then the remote switch port connected to the MPPT load output.

Then program the MPPT to switch off as you wish.

Here is a picture:

5.jpg

5.jpg (67.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic