question

homestorage-77 avatar image
homestorage-77 asked

Multiplus II force charge / inverter mode via Venus GX

I'm looking for a way to remotely switch my Multiplus II between inverter / charger mode.

This is essentially due to the variable tariff I'm on, I've got a script on a Raspberry Pi which looks at the day ahead and plans when to charge and when not to.

I gather there is something with node-red, maybe MQTT, but ideally I'd love to control a relay on an Arduino to input to the Multiplus or Venus GX to tell it the mode - is this an option?

If not, MQTT is my second preferred option of those I gather exist - can I request this via this method?

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ess-and-solar-solutions avatar image
ess-and-solar-solutions answered ·

@Homestorage_77 If you use ESS, there is a configurable charging schedule. Maybe you can amend it this way? Have you searched the modifications area on this?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

homestorage-77 avatar image homestorage-77 commented ·

Thanks, but the scheduled charging won't do the job given that the periods I'll want to charge will be different almost every day.

I've given the site a good search and I can't find a yes/no answer to if there is an external input I can use to achieve this charge/inverter switch functionality

0 Likes 0 ·
tim-caesens avatar image
tim-caesens answered ·

Hi

At the moment I'm searching for the same charging solution, I'm wondering if you have it already working?

I integrated node red in cerbo gx and found an API to have the day ahead Belpex prices, but still some work to do to force the multiplus to charge when the price is at the lowest point

Grtz Tim

2 |3000