question

harry-nutma avatar image
harry-nutma asked

Newly installed ip44 12/60. Error 20 charger bulk time expired.

Battery bank is 8 Battle Born model BB10012. Using Shore power to charge. Installed 2 weeks ago. I can restart charger by turning off and on on the control panel. Removing Shore power does not reset ip44.

Skylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Harry Nutma

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking?

But you can disable bulk time protection if you want to.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harry-nutma avatar image
harry-nutma answered ·

Hi Daniel,

You are correct that since the Battle Born Batteries are self managing the recommended setting is to turn the bulk protection off. As a boat owner it took multiple phone calls to the boatyard that installed the Victron IP 44. Also the dealer that supplied the equipment. Also Battle Born was contacted for advice. It was by chance at the marina that I met a victron dealer that advised to change the setting. I could not find a list of recommended settings for the IP 44 and Lithium Batteries. Thankyou for your response to this. Hope this is helpful.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic