question

svein-hansen avatar image
svein-hansen asked

Can I run the Grafana docker image on the same Raspberry Pi that I am running Venus OS?

I'm currently running Venus OS with CCGX on a separate Raspberry Pi 3 feeding it data from a BMV 712 using VE.direct->USB Victron Cable. This works super :-) (https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/raspberrypi-install-venus-image)

On this Raspberry Pi, I enable MQTT and get the data to the venus-docker-grafana setup described on the community pages running on another Raspberry Pi 4..

So for the question: is there a docker image I can use so I dont have to run two Raspberries? I would like to fire up another container with the CCGX and connect the 712 to this. Leaving me with only the Raspberry Pi 4.

In advance, thanks!

Regards,

Svein

Venus OSCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
alexheylin avatar image
alexheylin answered ·

I don't have an answer I'm afraid, but I'd also like to be able to use the one Pi for several things (most likely via containers). I suspect the complexity of this, particularly with the hardware interfaces is probably not worth the relatively small number of people who would use it this was.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Charles Gomes avatar image
Charles Gomes answered ·

Wondering if you guys explored this route. I'm about to ty the same.

2 |3000