question

goboatingnow avatar image
goboatingnow asked

Do I lose Bluetooth support if I use VE.Direct?

Do I understand the documents correctly that in relation to SmartSolar , if I use Ve.direct via the serial port I loose the Bluetooth functionality , will the Bluetooth restart when I stop using the serial port, does this restriction apply to Ve.direct text mode ( read only )

If I loose the Bluetooth , it means I have to implement the sharing of MPPT controllers via Ve.direct , is the methodology published as to what to do , ie what does the existing Bluetooth algorithm do ?

MPPT SmartSolarBluetoothVE.Directsmart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi goboatingnow, what document are you referring to?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

goboatingnow answered ·

The spec sheet for the smartsolar mentions the Bluetooth port is multiplexed with the VE.direct

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,

that is a really old information. It only applies for the very first SmartSolar models.

• SmartSolar 150/85 (Tr and MC4) - PN SCC010085210 & SCC010085310
  • SmartSolar 150/100 (Tr and MC4) - PN SCC010100210 & SCC010100310

I checked, and the datasheets on our website are up to date regarding the communication. There is no information saying that the BLW will be disable when the external VE.Direct port is used.

Or perhaps I missed one, then please send me a link and we can update it.

2 |3000

goboatingnow answered ·

Could the question just be answered. If you have Bluetooth in use can you use Ve.direct

2 |3000

goboatingnow answered ·

Smartsolar datasheet

2 |3000

goboatingnow answered ·

Sorry , the document was the mppt hex protocol Doc. Note 4

2 |3000

biozor avatar image
biozor answered ·

Hi @goboatingnow !

I use both VE.Direct and bluetooth connections on my SmartSolar MPPT 75/15. I read only text mode data from my MPPT VE.Direct (text frame every seconds) and bluetooth is not disabled. I don't know if bluetooth is still enabled if I read/write in HEX mode from/to MPPT ?!?!

https://community.victronenergy.com/comments/77831/view.html

2 |3000