question

gspsolar avatar image
gspsolar asked

Multiplus 2 configuration with solar, battery, and grid input.

I am designing a system with the following components:

-1x multiplus 2, 3000w/48v inverter,

- 2x smartsolar charge controllers,

- approximately 2.5kw of solar

-1x fortress eflex, 5.4kwh LFP battery

The system will have an AC input which will normally be grid power, but can also be a generator if the grid goes down. (There is an existing generator interlock in the main panel that will supply power to the multiplus)

The output of the multiplus will energize a newly constructed critical load panel.

The goal of the system is for the inverter + battery to keep the newly constructed panel "off grid" and run primarily off the solar + battery. If solar is not sufficient to keep the battery recharged I would like to have the multiplus pull power from the grid as needed to meet the energy needs of the critical load subpanel.

Can anyone detail the necessary settings(or additional parts that I am missing) to have the system configured in this manner?

Multiplus-IIoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@gspsolar

A GX device like a Cerbo or ccgx or venus.

An mk3 adaptor for programming and updating. You may also need to ask your supplier for help here.

With the ess assistant programmed you the options you are talking about will be available.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/6292-ESS_design_and_installation_manual-html5/index.html?lang=en

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gspsolar avatar image gspsolar commented ·

thanks! Is the cerbo just the newer version of the venus? Outside of pricing any reason to go with cerbo instead of venus or ccgx?

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

Why not buy one EasySolar-II 48/3000/35-32 MPPT 250/70 GX

All you need is in that one box.

You would also need Mk3 to USB interface.

2 comments
2 |3000

gspsolar avatar image gspsolar commented ·

Was not aware of the easysolar 2, thanks! The solar array will be at 2 different orientations and require 2 separate mppts, can I still integrate an additional charge controller with the easysolar?

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp gspsolar commented ·

Yes, you can add second MPPT, but MPPT in EasySolar-II is capable of using 4kWp i panels. If you need only 2.5kWp in total, it may be to big for you.

If you do not need fancy CCGX with the screen, you can use MultiPlus-II GX (GX built in) and 2 smaller MPPT-s.

0 Likes 0 ·