question

PeterM avatar image
PeterM asked

Are Muliplus DC terminals isolated from incoming Supply / Earth

I would like to put an oscilloscope on individual Lithium cells that are connected to a Multiplus which has a mains supply connected . The oscilloscope probe "ground" terminal is connected to earth ( as is the chassis of the Multiplus ) If I connect this probe to one of the cells will it create an earth fault? Using a multimeter it seems the DC terminals are isolated from the Multi's chassis , however there is a solid 8V AC voltage between each earth terminal and chassis

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I wouldn't like to do it that way.

I'd use one of the following methods:
Use a differential probe.
Use two single probes, invert one of the channels and use math function to subtract the one form the other.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

PeterM avatar image
PeterM answered ·

Get that , but would like to use the second channel to caputre the current via hall effect device . I might just run the scope off a battery via a phoenix inverter .

2 |3000