question

mattbratt avatar image
mattbratt asked

Tiny House solar off-grid installation with 30Amp shore/generator backup

Hi,

Am about to embark on deploying a Tiny House for off-grid. I've built the Tiny house based on an RV design. Major appliances, like On-demand hot water heater, 3-way fridge/freezer, 3-burner oven/stove, propane heater are all driven by LPG, Lights, Ceiling fan, and USB charging ports are all 12v based. Utilize a Natures Head composting toilet which requires small amount of 12v to drive a small exhaust fan.

The Tiny House was built with a Power Dynamics Power Distribution Center (PD4045LIKA), 30AMP input. So all 120V outlets and 12Vdc circuits are wired to through this unit. The PD4045 is a Converter/Charger and I have disconnected the circuitry for these, as the Victron MultiPlus Compact 12v/2000/80 I have installed will feed the AC and DC side of the PD4045 and also charge my lithium batteries.

As I'm not a Pro am looking for any advice/recommendations with regards to this setup.

Thanks,

Mattth-solar-wiring.jpg

Multiplus-IIsolar
th-solar-wiring.jpg (782.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

As I'm not a Pro am looking for any advice/recommendations with regards to this setup.

Refrigeration, cooking and water heating are the 3 biggest energy consumers in a household (cooling would be another of the larger loads as well).

It is lucky that gas can cover those 3 loads. Solar PV wont.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes