question

vic-sonnensspeicher avatar image
vic-sonnensspeicher asked

Since Firmware 2.60 of the CCGx and Venus, the Button "Zero feed-in" for Fronius Inverter is not in the menue anymore. What settings do I have to make so that the Fronius inverter does not feed into the public grid?

Hallo,

since Firmware 2.60 of the CCGx and Venus, the Button "Zero feed-in" for Fronius Inverter is not in the menue anymore.

What settings do I have to make so that the Fronius inverter does not feed into the public grid?

Do I need a grid meter?

Are there any instructions ore manuals from victron available, for the new Firmware 2.60?

Thanks for your help

D.S.

Fronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered ·

@VIC-Sonnenspeicher

Please have a look into the ESS-manual and the article "AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters".
I admit that the ESS documentation is not 100% compliant with version 2.60, however you can retrieve all configuration steps. Zero-feed-in configuration item under ESS-option only differentiates between AC and DC support, but does not show an explicit Fronius entry anymore.

With current ESS feature set, I realized that a complete zero-in with ESS-support seems currently not possible with realistic settings on grid-setpoint.

I have seen on your webpage, that you implemented previously zero-feed-in environments with Victron devices. Did you use the Hub-2 app before?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @VIC-Sonnensspeicher & @ThomasW.,

Thanks for pointing this out, I will update the ESS, Fronius, Zero feed in documentation to match the changes made in 2.60

So what are those changes?

Firstly, there is now the addition of 'limited' export, not just full or zero.

These options have moved to the ESS -> Grid Feed-in menu.

There you can enable or disable feed in for AC and DC PV independently.

You can also adjust the limit of feed in - how many Watts is the target.

You can see in my example below, both AC and DC feed-in is enabled.

And the total system feed-in is limited to 5000W. You can either disable it, or set it 0, or any other number you require.

Last, there is the display as to whether it is working (all firmware and communications are correct).

cleanshot-2020-11-26-at-174345.jpg

2 |3000

thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered ·

Thanks a lot for your response @Guy!

In my case the "Feed-in limiting active" gets status "yes" in case I activate DC-coupled limitation option (also in combination with AC-coupled option), but not when AC-coupled option is selected only (Fronius attached on AC-OUT). Contrary in in Fronius menu item the a "Zero feed-in power limit" of 6000W is indicated. In that context I would assume, that Venus OS has identified the Fronius zero-feed-in capabilities.

I am pretty sure to have respected all configuation steps (modbus activation and priority definition, etc), but I have no clue, why zero-feed-in is not indicated as not working and twhy it effectively does not work reliable.
See other posts on my Fronius issues (topic 1 and topic 2).

Any additional advice? I am quite desperate - working in parallel with my distributor on that topic.

In Venus OS beta 2.62 I have discovered that in that version an issue related to zero-feed-in would have been addressed. Was that related with Fronius?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic