question

Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende asked

2 x Fronius Symo -> Zero Feedin not working on one Symo

Hi Forum !

i have expanded my system with a second Fronius Symo. I used zero feedin for over a year successfull with the first symo. Both Datamanagers have absolutely the same settings but the second symo is not working with zero feed in. So at the moment one (the old) inverter is doing his zero feedin job nicely .... the other is feedin in if my batteries are full and the first inverter ramped down to zero.

The only difference i can see is, that the connection type of the working inverter is "sunspec" and the not working inverter is "solarapi". Did i miss something where i can change this ? I can not find anything regarding inverter connection type in the venus settings or the datamanager settings. Also maybe the connection type has nothing to do with my problem.

I hope someone can help me out ....

Thanks a lot !

Jens

ESSFroniussunspec
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @stxShadow

If you don't provide more information, nobody can help you..

does the GX device see all two / three inverters?

what happens if you disconnect the 'old' one and only use the newer one?

what firmware versions are in:

-fronius inverters / datamanager

-GX device

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende commented ·

just to let you know: if a fronius has a problem with modbus tcp it is reported as solarapi only. They display exactly the same in the GX Device .... except that the "solarapi" fronius is not able to send nor receive modbus commands. I disabled modbus tcp completely and reenabled it afterwards. After this i was able to send modbus commands via node-red and the GX Device was able to see the "sunspec" protocol.

Maybe this helps others to solve this problem.

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Meine_Energiewende commented ·

Hi @stxShadow

Thanks for the update, did you have to toggle modbus on the Fronius or the GX device?

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

i had to do this on the datamanager (fronius) side.

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Just as follow up: i added an other inverter just for testing. He is also doing "solarapi" only.

All 3 Datamanger Cards are at the latest firmware. All inverters are on the AC-In Side of my MP2.

2 |3000

Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

sure ... sorry i did miss that.

I always try to hold my equipment up to date. So the Venus GX is at V2.53. All Inverters are at fro30491 (latest version). The datamanagers are at 3.14.1-10 (also latest version).

GX sees all inverters. Only difference i can see is, that the old one say "sunspec" unter communication and the other says "solarapi". As far as i know solarapi is read only. Sunspec is Modbus TCP (right) ? There is no possibility for me to tell the venus to use "sunspec" or i did not find this possibility.

I will try to disconnect the "old" inverter which is working tomorrow and see if this changes anything.

Not working inverter:

Working inverter:

Thx a lot so far.

Jens

fronius1.png (19.4 KiB)
fronius2.png (19.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic