question

peter-h avatar image
peter-h asked

Another SmartSolar bluetooth connection problem

VictronConnect_report.logI have a SmartSolar 100/30, and it has easily connected with my iPhone SE in the past with bluetooth, but now it is not. (Its now running iOS 13.6.1). Reading the manual, it suggests that if there is a blue tooth connection problem, to disconnect the controller and hook it back up and try again. I did that and no luck. Multiple times. I also noticed I had a slightly older version of the VictronConnect app, but i've updated it to the latest (v5.34) and it also does not work. I've tried quitting the app and restarting it, I've tried turning off the phone and restarting it, and none of those ideas work. There are no other devices turned on (like an iPad) that could connect with the device. Based on the blinking LEDs on the case of the unit, and voltage during the daytime, I believe it is working properly. I've attached a VictronConnect log if that helps. Can you help?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Peter,

We can see in the log that iOS is not giving Bluetooth access to VictronConnect.

To check it, go to the iPhone Settings -> Scroll down to the App list -> Tap on VictronConnect -> Check the Bluetooth access switch.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peter-h avatar image peter-h commented ·

Boom! Fantastic! You folks are good. I looked in one part of my bluetooth settings, but I missed that one. Now, it is asking to pair with my phone, but the default pin to pair is not working (000000). Can you help me with that issue? I've searched the Victron Community, but I don't see an answer yet. Thank you!

-Peter

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ peter-h commented ·

Hi Peter,

It sounds like you may need to reset the PIN on the device. Please see here: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/8778-VictronConnect_manual-html5/en/connecting.html#UUID-a8177d17-8df0-58cb-8e60-f36c559ae974

0 Likes 0 ·
peter-h avatar image peter-h Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Justin - thank you! Worked!!!! Whew! Now I can cross this issue of the list!

-Peter

0 Likes 0 ·