question

kwagga avatar image
kwagga asked

Changed GX device - not showing up in VRM portal, no connection error - any advice?

Hi All,

I've had to replace my GX device, but the installation is the same. I've had to do this once before, and I was able to select the new device from the Settings page. but this time there is no device listed.

The GX device show no error:

I've removed all the old devices (BMV, Multi) from the VRM portal, but I am not able to delete the gateway - just incase that might help.

Also nothing listed in alternative devices:

I have rebooted the GX device several times, and also ran a redetect, still nothing.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any assistance,

Werner

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

The GX device is the Gateway.

Did you follow the “Procedure” laid out in the second paragraph of your last screenshot (Replace the GX...)?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I've just seen that procedure text could be improved by mentioning that you need to add the new GX device as you normally would in order for it to appear in the drop down menu to link it to your account.

I will update that now.

0 Likes 0 ·
kwagga avatar image kwagga Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Guy... All is working now.

Yeah it's actually super easy, just the wording wasn't very clear. Thanks again though.

0 Likes 0 ·
kwagga avatar image
kwagga answered ·

Yup, I wasn't sure I had to add a new installation, silly me, I thought I could just go in and directly type in the new vrm id.

2 |3000

kwagga avatar image
kwagga answered ·

Yup, the issue is the replaced GX device is not listed, the expected result should be:

"At that moment there will be two installations visible on VRM" - this isn't the case. But I have tested connectivity and the GX device looks like it's sending data. There's also no error going to the VRM servers.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the procedure and need to add the replacement GX as a new installation first? Then go back to "replace the gx" to merge the data...

2 |3000