question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

VE.Bus BMS and MultiPlus

I am hopping someone knows the answer to this as I am not near the boat and so can't test.

If the RJ45 VE.Bus cable between the MultiPlus and VE.Bus BMS is disconnected or the communication path is somehow interrupted such that the MultiPlus can't see the VE.Bus BMS what happens to the MultiPlus from a charge and load perspective. Does it shut down because the VE,Bus BMS Assistant is not talking the BMS or does it just keep working.

I have searched all the manuals and forums and can't find an answer.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMSVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The Multi should stop charging and discharging.
If shore power is connected, than the Multi will go into pass-through mode.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE, I love you “should”, I guess I need to test.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bathnm commented ·

I'm not 100% sure so -> it should ;)
It can also shut down completely.
I can test it on Monday at our test bench.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE, please. I can’t test for another week or so until I get to the boat. What however surprises me is that it isn’t documented somewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ bathnm commented ·

@Bathnm I just tested it and it is like I said, the Multi will go into pass-through mode.

BUT, if everything is wired as the manual says (no negative connection at the VE.Bus BMS) the BMS will turn off and shut down all DC loads and chargers.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks. I had forgotten about the impact of the BMS getting its negative through the RJ45.

0 Likes 0 ·