question

oupa avatar image
oupa asked

Personal weather station information

I have an Ambient Weather WS-2000 Personal Weather Station co-located with my solar installation. This station has Wind Velocity and Direction, Temperature and Solar Radiation information plus a fairly accurate forecast for the next day available. Is there a way to integrate this data with my installation?

I have noticed that the temperature read-out and weather in the VRM Portal differs quite a bit from the reading I am measuring locally.

Regards,

Oupa Lintvelt.

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lonna-roy avatar image lonna-roy commented ·

Thanks for sharing details about your Ambient Weather WS-2000 Personal Weather Station. Integrating its data with your solar installation is a great idea for optimizing performance. To bridge the gap in temperature readings between your local measurements and the VRM Portal, you may consider calibrating the sensors for greater accuracy. Additionally, connecting this data with the Snowday Predictor Canada could enhance its predictive capabilities. Let's explore the possibilities further!

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mafu avatar image
mafu answered ·

Have you found a way to do this? I saw victron supports a meteorogical station, so I thought it could be added through modbusTCP writing to those registers. I could poll data from my PWS with wunderground API and an ESP8266 and could present them with ModbusTCP, but I don't know how to add this to VRM

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic