question

ghostrider avatar image
ghostrider asked

MPPT Fault #21 & negative amps

Have been running my MPPT 100/20 for about 1.5 years without issue on my travel trailer. We are out on a trip now & I noticed one morning no charging & a fault #21.

I unplugged everything & replugged...worked fine. Next morning...same thing but went back to fault some time during the day...then I reset again... next morning no fault but was seeing battery bounce between negative amps & 0 at the MPPT battery with a bulk charge. When I disable charger (off state) & re-enable, it faults. Wont charge at all now.

Thankfully I'm at a plug in site for a week so don't need solar...but whats going on? Faulty MPPT?

MPPT Controllerserrorfault
20201016-205438.jpg (72.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Ghostrider

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes#err_21_-_current_sensor_issue

I think if you follow the troubleshooting tips and it keeps reoccurring, then yes it has developed a problem, it would need to be taken to a dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic