question

wvpolymath avatar image
wvpolymath asked

LEAD ACID AND LiFePO4 with MPPT 150/35

Hello,

I have 2 each 24V 50ah LiFePO4 batteries wired in parallel (100ah total) being charged by 150/35 MPPT Controller.

I would like to add more battery capacity but don't want to buy more LiFePO4 batteries at the moment due to price.

AND....hence my question

Could I connect seal lead acid batteries to the "PV" input of the charge controller (assuming I am over the voltage of LiFePO4 voltage lvl)?

I know there would be some losses in energey transferring out of lead acid thru the charge controller and into the LiFePO4 batteries (and finally thru inverter) but is there any reason this should specifically be avoided?

I would use a microcontroller and a relay to switch from panels to the lead acid batteries as the supply source based off the voltage level at the LiFePO4 battery bank. (I would use a similar set up to isolate the LiFePO4 batteries to recharge the lead acid using panels)

I know there are more efficient ways of getting the job done but I have plenty of relays and arduinos laying around and thought this may an inexpensive way to get the job done.

Regards

MP

MPPT Controllersbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic