question

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem asked

VRM real time tanks display improvement

I have a SeeLevel tank system connected via NMEA2000 and because of current limitations in Venus, I'm running a program that separates the 3 tanks reported by SeeLevel into separate dBus objects. I hide the original SeeLevel dBus object which reports all three tanks in rotation (modified QML code). On VRM, there isn't a way to hide this constantly changing tank information so there's always a 4th tank that provides incorrect information.

It would be nice to be able to hide this tank on the VRM dashboard also. I can't think of a way to do this automatically so it would need to be a manual configuration item in VRM.

I realize this problem will go away once Venus code is updated to handle multiple tanks from the same NMEA2000 device.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey Kevin, thanks - yes I can see how thats annoying on your dashboard now.

Noted, and most likely we'll put the effort in having proper support of the multiple tanks from the same NMEA2000 device - even though that is still a while away.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.