question

awzonke avatar image
awzonke asked

Internet connection via wireless Access Point

Hi all,

I'm looking to connect a wireless device (esp32) to the Venus GX via the wireless Access Point. I can connect the device to the AP, but then the AP itself doesn't have an internet connection. The GX does have an internet connection to a router via ethernet.

I've setup SSH and am comfortable with the command line, but it seems the distro on the GX is restricted compared to something like a Raspberry Pi. I tried bridging ap0 with eth0, but it seems most of the ways suggested online for doing this are restricted on the GX.

Has anyone had success doing this?

I'm also curious what base distro the GX uses (Debian/Ubuntu/etc)? Is there a list of restricted commands (like apt-get,etc)?

Thanks!

wifilinux
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

huit avatar image huit commented ·

I am looking to solve the same issue with the cerbo gx. My cerbo has a wired internet connection from a 4g modem but does not share this connection over its access point.

It would be nice to avoid buying (and powering) an additional wireless router. The most immediate demand is to be able to view the router configuration page through this access point.

Has anyone found a solution to enable internet connection sharing on Venus OS?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic