question

kenny388 avatar image
kenny388 asked

MultiPlus-II 48/5000 connect to Energy Meter via RJ-45 and D-Lan w/o CCGX?

Solar2.pdf

The Energy Meter ET340 is equipped with RJ45 interface and is should be used for connection to the Battery Inverter MultiPlus-II 48/5000. Furthermore, Color Control GX shouldn’t be necessary for MultiPlus-II, sales company TST Solarstrom GmbH told. However, battery inverter isn’t working as it should. Please find attached a schematic overview of the installed system.

Any Ideas? Many thanks in advance for your support!

Energy Meter
solar2.pdf (598.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Kenny388

I think the company you spoke to mean the Multiplus II GX version (GX stands for internal GX device)

I don't know what 'dLan' converter you have drawn, but please know that there is also an Ethernet version of the EM24 energy meter.

And please have your dealer or an experienced installer guide / help you with this installation, a lot of things in your drawing make no sense.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kenny388 avatar image kenny388 commented ·

Hi Daniël,

many thanks for your reply!

From the data I have (quotation, data sheet, manual, etc.) no evidence could be found that GX version is installed. However, at the type label “… VE.Bus” is mentioned. During quotation phase I also asked the company if a Color Control GX device is necessary. Answer: “MultiPlus device only need to be connected to the AC distribution port…” (see attachment I received from the company).

Verbinden Einfach an die Hausunterverteilung.pdf

The use of the ‘dLan’ converter was requirement from my installer guide to allow communication between ET340 and the battery inverter. ‘dLan’ converters use already installed electric cable to transfer data from one place to another place.

For different reasons I decided to draw all components and connections into a kind of electric schema. Electric connections were checked and released by the installer guide. Drawing was updated afterwards.

The RJ45 interface of the ET340 is not mentioned at the Victron homepage to be used for communication with MultiPlus (or I didn’t found). Why isn’t it working this way?

Am I correct to the assumption that installing a CCGX device cannot be avoided?

Best regards

Markus Graf

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ kenny388 commented ·

Hi @Kenny388

That drawing also doesn't make any sense, please involve an experienced Victron Installer for this.

here is the manual for energy meters:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:start

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources