question

Doug Foskey avatar image
Doug Foskey asked

2 phase 2 of Solaredge, 1 Multiplus Modbus TCP?

Hi,

I have 2 of S/E SE5000 on 2 phase rural grid (180 degree phase). one SE5000 is connected to a Multiplus 2 with an 8Kw Zenaji battery, as UPS also. Solaredge recomended separating the linking in this configuration. (System working fine)

I have an Emoncms server that has data from an IoTaWatt monitor. I want to read the battery state off the CCGX, & have already enabled Sunspec on the 2 of SE5000 (currently both on ID 126). The CCGX sees both of the SE5000´s, & lists their network addresses. Modbus is enabled on the CCGX, as werll as Auto scan. No Modbus devices are listed, however. I need to get this working so I can get the battery status (& info from the SE5000´s too if possible: would love access to the Optimiser data for instance, but first the battery status!

Emoncms has this assistance:

https://community.openenergymonitor.org/t/emoncms-victron-ccgx-my-battery-app/14706/11

but of course no data until the CCGX sees the Modbus devices (Emoncms is configured as recommended)

One issue I may find is from my reading, only one SE5000 can be accessed on dev 126.

Thanks, Doug

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Doug Foskey avatar image
Doug Foskey answered ·

Hi,

I have just upgraded my 2 Solaredge SE500H inverters (Warranty replacement) in the above installation.

To recap, we have a Multiplus2 on one phase with associated SE5000H. The other phase has a SE5000H that is NOT linked to SE5000H by RS485 (but this inverter has the Solaredge energy meter connected). THe Modbus is configured on both SE5000H. 1 is set to id 126 as per the Victron document, but the other inverter must be set to a different id (so I set it to 127). The CCGX only sees the inverter that is connected to the Multiplus 2. Can I get some assistance with the setup please?

More info: The original SE5000 inverters were not connected as master/slave because of an issue with the grid isolation when the grid fails. Currently the new SE5000H inverters are set up the same way.

I tried searching for Modbus connections & manually setting the second inverter fixed IP, but still no second inverter on the CCGX main (graphics) screen or in the other relevant menu locations.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources