question

todd avatar image
todd asked

cerbo doesn't show generator input

The pic shows the Generator as N/A but when it is running it shows up as AC Input and not Generator Input, Why?

In Pic #2 on the bottom left it's always blank no matter if on Shore Power or Generator, Why?

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks for any and all input.

My set up is Quattro 5000/24 using the K1 and K2 relays with a Onan 5500. I am using a Cerbo GX Aux input to trigger the generator to start stop, etc and it works great but why isn't the Cerbo recognizing the generator input vs the AC input.

cerbo gxGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@todd@toddstanley.com

The inverter is staying in inverting state. So the inverter itself is not accepting the shore or generator input or not detecting the inputs.

You can check by going to Device list - Quattro and check AC-In L1 and L2 when you are connected to them. You can usually hear the relays clicking when it tries to change over.

if is in not present you will see something like this.

It is possible you will see power on ac1 or ac2 but it can remain disconnected because it is out the parameter (like voltage or frequency) set for connection.

1601725737597.png (22.4 KiB)
1601726163809.png (15.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

todd avatar image
todd answered ·

Hello Alexandra, Thank you for your time in helping answer my question. I think I need to be a little more clear.

My generator works just fine and starts just fine using the Cerbo GX, etc. when the generator is running you will see the wattage being produced as "AC Power" and the Quattro stops inverting.

What doesn't seem to be working is that the touch 50 displays - it's recognizing AC/Shore power and not recognizing that it's actually Generator power or at least that's what the display shows. Does this make sense? The pic I show up top is in an inverter state before I start the generator. That pic shows both AC and Generator as N/A but no matter whether Shore power or Generator power is active, it will then switch/show as AC/Shore power, WHY? Why wouldn't it say generator power and display wattage like it should/does when plugged into Shore power? I'll try and upload a pic of this scenario later today,

2 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

There are options to choose the type of source for each AC input.

Go to Settings -> System Setup and then select what type of source is connected at AC input 1 and AC input 2.
Example below:

0 Likes 0 ·
1601747830901.png (25.7 KiB)
1601747853907.png (13.8 KiB)
todd avatar image todd commented ·

This pic shows AC/Grid is connected when in fact it is the Generator that is the supply.

0 Likes 0 ·