question

Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard asked

Difference between Multiplus and Multiplus II

I am having difficulties finding the differences between the Multiplus and Multiplus II . I am not referring to the GX part ; Just the inverter-Charger . Grateful for assistance .

Multiplus-IImultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Herve RV Nizard,

There is a data sheet comparison document on the difference between the recent MultiPlus, and MultiPlus-II revisions here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/MultiPlus-II-to-MultiGrid-and-MultiPlus-comparison-EN.pdf

@Murray van Graan - is correct in that for most people the biggest functional difference is the additional relay, allowing additional grid code compliance.

I also recently gave some other (less documented) differences in answer to another post - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/62898/why-is-the-multiplus-ii-cheaper-than-the-old-one.html

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tpwchr avatar image tpwchr commented ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) I would like to ask you a question but i havent been able to send you a PM. I want to know if there is some way of allowing the use of one AC output ONLY when batteries are full. I am planning to buy the MPII with cerbo and Pylontech batteries. I want to use this solar power exceedance to allow a water heater to work, but only when that condition is accomplished. Thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·

It's far better to open a new question for the community, than try and ask me directly. Yes, it is possible. A good place to start would be to watch the MultiPlus Assistants course in Victron Online Training Program. Specifically Chapter 10 Relay and Chapter 11 - General Flag.

0 Likes 0 ·
tpwchr avatar image tpwchr Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you very much for replying @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I opened a new question but no one could help me in this regard: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/63203/how-to-deviate-the-solar-exceedance-in-an-off-grid.html

I will read this, very interesting!

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi @Herve RV Nizard. The Multiplus ll is the same as a normal Multiplus, with the exception that a Multiplus ll has dual ac input disconnect relays that makes it compliant with many grid code standards for feeding back to the grid. That being said, if you never plan to feed back to the grid there would be no difference between the two

2 |3000

farmeroz avatar image
farmeroz answered ·

Hi, the link to differences is broken.

1 comment
2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic