question

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw asked

How do I enable AC2 permanently in an off-grid system?

In UK, but no country code set as there is no grid available. A generator will be added later so I probably have to take it into account. I simply want to be able to use both AC1 and AC2 out. One is for upstairs and the other downstairs.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargeroffgridenable
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What device do you have?
The first version of the MultiPlus II has a hardwired connection from AC OUT 2 to AC IN so this can't be changed and you have to split AC OUT 1 to the two circuits.
With the normal MultiPlus and later versions of the MultiPlus II you can overwrite the default behavior by using the assistants to control AC OUT 2.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE Thank you. It is a Multiplus II 5kVA. I'll give it a go.

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Take a look at the part number of the unit.
PMP482505000 is the "old" one with the hardwired AC OUT 2.
PMP482505010 is the newer with the programmable AC OUT 2.
If you bought the unit recently you should have the new one.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

It is the ... 5010

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

It is the ... 5010. I just thought is could be a simple on/off assistant, but it seems it requires conditions to be set. I just wanted ignore ACIN state and keep it enabled. Should work however as there will never be ACIN so the 10 will remain true all the time and can keep it on.

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

If the AC out2 is to be used permanently on, why use it at all.

Why not connecting upstairs and downstairs to AC out1?

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Another way of looking at it is "why not?" ;) It is another option indeed. Thx

0 Likes 0 ·