question

alans avatar image
alans asked

Can EasySolar II replicate Immersun feature?

We have an EasySolar-II with Pylontech batteries and PV panels. All is working fine. We also have a small Truma electric boiler which we usually use keep the water hot in a sunny day.

In the UK I know about Immersun, that takes the excess of the PV panels that are deemed to be exported to grid and instead can be used to e.g. heat your water tank.

EasySolar-II has a second circuit output and I am wondering if I could use it to, even if requiring adjustments or even programming, take the excess, let's say anything above 50 W, once batteries are, say, at least 95% charged, and then use it to heat the water, automatically, without me having to pay attention to the weather conditions or the like.

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

You can use assistants to turn AC2 on or off depending on voltage or state of charge.

It won’t give you a variable output, but if programmed to operate between 98% and say 90% it will prevent avoid cycling too often.

This thread explains how another user achieved what you are asking.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tpwchr avatar image tpwchr commented ·

So I could program it to operate between 98 and 97 lets say, and plug an analog heater to ac2, so it would only charge it when batteries are full basically

0 Likes 0 ·
tpwchr avatar image
tpwchr answered ·

this is what i'm looking for but for an off-grid. To deviate the excess power from the PV for a water boiler. I could use an analog water boiler with a resistance and deliver the excess power there. Is it possible with MPII?

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Another solution would be the MyPV AC Thor system.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/actor_ess
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/actor_offgrid

An advantage of this system is that the surplus PV power is used seamless instead of just on/off.

2 |3000