question

gjc avatar image
gjc asked

Best settings for the super cycle battery.

What setting can I use best? The presets in the 75/15 MPPT for Gel Victron deep discharge both use 13,8v for float. According to the data-sheet of this battery 13,8v is the upper limit.

The setting for absorbtion is 14,4 or 14,3v. Well below the upper limit of the battery.

Can I use one of the presets or is it better to make a user-defined setting? I think of 14,5v for absorption and 13,6v for float.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@GJC

Use the preset then tweak the voltages to suit your battery. It is always best to go with the battery manufacturer recommendation.

Also check with a multimeter to make sure you don't have voltage drop over your cables and you are undercharging. In this case using the upper limits works better.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gjc avatar image
gjc answered ·

Thanks for your advice. For now I did tweak the settings and monitor the voltage and temperature of the battery. That should be safe.

I hope Victron adds standard settings for the Victron Super cycle batteries in the app later as the deep cycle and the super cycle are not exactly the same.

Thanks again.

2 |3000