question

ian-straker avatar image
ian-straker asked

New VRM is Really Good

Many thanks to the Victron team for the new look VRM.

The dashboard is really good and gives all the information that our customers need to see at a glance how their system is performing.

This and the ability to limit grid export from the inverter has satisfied the last two small things I was hoping for.

Brilliant!

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks @Ian Straker,

Happy to hear you like it. This was a big change, both Venus 2.60 for limited export, and the VRM realtime updates and display. I have passed on your thanks to the team.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

I like the new real time dashboard also.

One minor issue: I have a SeeLevel tank system connected via NMEA2000 and because of current limitations in Venus, I'm running a program that separates the 3 tanks reported by SeeLevel into separate dBus objects. I hide the original SeeLevel dBus object which reports all three tanks in rotation (modified QML code). On VRM, there isn't a way to hide this constantly changing tank information so there's always a 4th tank that provides incorrect information. It would be nice to be able to hide this tank on the VRM dashboard also.

I realize this problem will go away once Venus code is updated to handle multiple tanks from the same NMEA2000 device.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Kevin Windrem commented ·

Hi @Kevin Windrem

That is probably worth it’s own question in the Modification space

0 Likes 0 ·
jfleissner avatar image
jfleissner answered ·

Hi!

Just to repeat: the new VRM is really nice, just one minor glitch:

(maybe due to my specific screen resolution of 2560x1440) I never get to see the left part of the quick selection. I would assume this could be solved simply by modifying the level of the menu and forcing it in the foreground of the sidebar.

Thanks!

Johannes

1602314058459.png (444.3 KiB)
6 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@jfleissner

You should be able to get this by just zooming your screen out. On Win10, just 'Crl' and '-'.

0 Likes 0 ·
jfleissner avatar image jfleissner JohnC ♦ commented ·

@JohnC

Yes, thank you! Funny still: at 90% it still overlaps but gets into the foreground, so I would assume it could be fixed to work in all zoom-levels and resolutions.

J.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ jfleissner commented ·

It might be a browser thing. Teun (the main developer) likes to know these things, so he might be able to fix it. Any details you have may help. It's different to my FF browser..

0 Likes 0 ·
jfleissner avatar image jfleissner JohnC ♦ commented ·

I use Google Chrome on Win10, so yes, potentially browser and OS specific.

0 Likes 0 ·
Teun Lassche avatar image Teun Lassche ♦ jfleissner commented ·

@jfleissner @JohnC Thanks! This is fixed now

0 Likes 0 ·
jfleissner avatar image jfleissner Teun Lassche ♦ commented ·

Very good, thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
houser avatar image
houser answered ·

Just a +1, that the new VRM is really good ;)

It is quite rewarding the be a Victron user when the new functionality keeps being so relevant and tends to hit the mark. Kudos.

2 |3000