question

maha avatar image
maha asked

max. charge current doesn't work

Hi!

I have a problem with max. charge current. It seems that it doesn't work right.

See below:

Max charge is 15A but the battery will be load with 39A?!

What's going wrong?

battery charging
1600934783083.png (38.2 KiB)
1600934947570.png (22.8 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

15a per phase/inverter??

0 Likes 0 ·
petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·

as @klim8skeptic already pointed out: If you have a 3p system (which according to the picture you seem to have), then 15A is per charger/inverter. Therefore a total 45A.

In addition to that there is the current from the PV charger.

0 Likes 0 ·
maha avatar image maha petajoule commented ·

The Fronius is a 3-phase inverter at AC-in but the battery will load only by DC. The load function of MultiGrid (2 parallel at L1) is switched off.

It appears that the DC charger ((MPPT 250/100 5,3kWp PV) ) is not taken into account by DVCC and therefore charges at full power.

0 Likes 0 ·
petajoule avatar image petajoule maha commented ·

If so, then you can set a charge current limit directly in the MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @MaHa

When 'feed in DC solar power' is 'on', DC charge current is not limited, and when the battery is not fully charged yet (so no feed-in from DC active yet) this can lead to charging with a higher current than set in DVCC.

So the solution is to either disable DC feed-in, or better: use a battery that is capable of the charge current the MPPT can reach.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maha avatar image
maha answered ·

I think it's a software error!

DVCC will not(!) control the charge current via DC-input in my system (Fronius at AC-in).

2 |3000