question

andyandy26 avatar image
andyandy26 asked

Inverter feed-in limiter only cycling

Hey everyone,

I noticed with the recent ESS update the inclusion of a "new feed-in limiter". Woah-and-behold, there is a seeting in my CCGX for max watts feed-in!

Previously, I've just had a current limit set-up that when feed-in starts to exceed, the inverter drops ALL feed-in momentarily. What I wanted however was a more dynamic reduction of the MPPTs.

I was hoping this new setting would do just that, limit the incoming PV to reduce my feed-in such that it regulates at the set-point (if it is able to exceed it).

It seems however it does the same thing, just dropping all PV momentarily, then ramping back up. Cycling over and over.

Is this how this is intended to work? Certainly not ideal as I suspect the load fluctuations are putting unneeded stress on my setup.

For reference my system is as follows:

Quattro 10KVA (VE.Bus),

2x victron 150x45 MPPTs (VE.direct),

victron BMV (VE.direct i think),

CCGX.

Would be grateful for any advice! :)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargersolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Andyandy26

Do you still experience this? if so, what firmware versions are your components on? And what (type of) battery are you using?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andyandy26 avatar image andyandy26 commented ·

Hey @Daniël,

I ended up enabling DVCC, which seems to have made the system work, and it now regulates properly. I have not had too many days since that have exceeded my limit however so I'm slightly unsure.

From what I have seen, it appears that momentary cloud cover (that allows the panels to cool), followed by intense sun (Australia), still causes a moment where the system fluctuates too hard and it hard-drops the power, eventually returning to a regulated state.

This probably can't be fixed, a limitation of how fast the system can respond without being unstable. I'm sure your engineers spent a long time fine tuning it.

I don't know if DVCC would have any effect on the system, I don't know what it actually accomplishes. Maybe it has worked this whole time or I changed some other setting that made it work?

As far as I am aware, everything is up-to-date.

CCGX firmware: v2.60

Quattro 48/10000/140-2x100 firmware: v476

BMV-712 firmware: v4.03

BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/45 A firmware: v1.50

BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/45 B firmware: v1.50

My batteries are 48v (4x12) 150Ah AGM - Likely undersized for my application, but really just there to serve as UPS functionality to critical loads.

If you have any notes to my system, let me know :)

0 Likes 0 ·