question

mamusa avatar image
mamusa asked

True battery charge level

I just installed a Victron system similar to the VW van install and am on the road trying it out. My system has two160 AH batteries and resides in a trailer. The problem is that when charging from the truck, as soon as the truck is turned off the smart BMV shows the charge to be 10p0% the costumed Ah goes to zero and the system keeps on charging. Consequently, I don’t know the true charge level of the charge when I start charging or discharging. Is this a software issue or something else?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
imac avatar image
imac answered ·

What type of batteries are they? If they have a BMS, you could get the correct data from that. If they are lead acid you may need to check your wiring. What is the BMV connected to? If its a shunt, have you got this installed correctly in the correct position in the wiring?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mamusa avatar image
mamusa answered ·

The batteries are Lithium, there is a BMS and the BMV is connected to the shunt. The shunt does shows the power usage. I will check the BMS when I use the batteries.

2 |3000