question

sean-1 avatar image
sean-1 asked

Can Two Venus GXs have their Ethernet / MODBUS TCPs connected on a switch?

I have two VE Inverters, each connected to a separate Venus GX. I would like to connect the Ethernet outputs to an Ethernet switch so that I can get content into VRM. Is this allowed? I cannot find a reference in the manual that clearly states that.

Venus GX - VGX
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo avatar image Ingo commented ·

I don't see why not. They both have unique IP addresses and connect to their own inverters. Going out to VRM portal their unique ID's would make them two distinct installations.

Something that might be an issue is if you have two grid tied inverters on ethernet also as the GX scans the ethernet subnet to find EG a Fronius connected inverter. Then I am also not talking about the new ethernet connected grid meters, but you get the point. If it can't be manually selected in the GX then the previous two scenarios might give you issues.

Remote Console back should also not be an issue as the NAT's IP's would be the same but the port numbers will differ. So, should work fine unless there is something I missed - I am not an expert. Let's hear what someone more official has to say.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Each GX is just another network appliance. You address each one by its IP address.
I have currently got two on the same subnet (same switch too), no issues at all.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.