question

Jimmy Bergetun avatar image
Jimmy Bergetun asked

Where is the DC power usage coming from ?

I have a Mastervolt Chargemaster plus 24/60 charger, 100 x 4 lithium batteries, a Victron BMV-712, A Cerbo GX, Cerbo HD Touch and a small Victron Phenix 250w inverter (only for TV´s and stereo) in my setup on my boat.

The inverter is NOT having any load. All connected devices is OFF and the Cerbo is showing 0 load from the inverter.

The BMV shunt is connected after the batteries before the load and the charger.

In the picture you can see that the batteries are full and that there is NO load (0w and 0.0A) from the batteries. So to the question: Where does the DC Power of 69W coming from ?

I understand that the Inverter can be using upto 8 watt in zero load, but there is a big difference between 8 and 69 watt ;)

cerbo gxVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jimmy Bergetun

I assume you do not have a DC system installed.

There is setting to check .... If this is enabled then it will show usage. It should then show self consumption as ac loads.

1600708951328.png (31.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stuart avatar image
Stuart answered ·

Hello All.

Just to clarify what does the option "Has DC System" actually change ? Is it telling the system you have a Lynx BMS and bus bar or does setting the option to off tell the system you have no 12/24/48 direct DC loads such as a heater, lighting and other non Victron device loads ?

If I wanted to know the exact current draw of all my DC loads that are not Victron device related such as 12V lighting, winches and 12V media systems ect it sounds to me that I would need the supply to just these miscellaneous loads to be monitored by a second BMV or Smart Shunt set to energy monitor mode so it would act purely as an ammeter for just the miscellaneous loads. Is this correct ?

Additionally would the current draw from the MPPT load outputs show on that total ? If for example the only DC loads I had were lights and USB chargers totaling 7A and they were connected to the load output of an MPPT 75/15.

I can only assume reading all the posts I could find on this topic that the DC loads box on the cerbo display is just the total battery load of all DC devices minus the current drawn by a Victron inverter/charger as I assume a device such as a multiplus would report its own current draw back to the carbo.

Have I just scrambled everyone's mind with this post ? I hope not. Maybe I have missed the point somewhere.

Thanks.

Stuart

2 |3000