question

tkmbe avatar image
tkmbe asked

Firmware upgrades infos en genereal: V2.25 any issues?

Hello

I've not found were to get information about fw upgrades like a readme ,not even any post in the forum about new fw?

Today I wanted to connect to my MPPT SmarSolar 100/15

and it want me to upgrade from 2.23 to 2.25

Any one having any issue with this upgrade?

The only I see is about a float issue with batteries.

Can I go back to lower fw? I have in parallel a "normal" battery charger which is connected directly to the battery to get battery up at night...

I not even find from which date is this fw...

Any info would be appreciated.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @tkmbe,

Generally speaking, the firmware change logs are located here in Victron Professional Firmware download section as a word file in the product folder (along with the firmware files themselves):

https://professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware/

In this case though, I think that the firmware update that you are seeing is for the Bluetooth Smart chip inside the MPPT, and not the MPPT itself.

I know this is a bit confusing, but there is another chip with it's own firmware that makes the bluetooth connection, and then it talks to the MPPT (rather than you connecting too the MPPT directly). This type of bluetooth chip firmware update is not available separately, and only comes as part of VictronConnect. It doesn't have a change log as far as I am aware, and it is a compulsory update. It is also not possible to downgrade this, unlike the MPPT firmware.

It will have no effect on the function of the MPPT with regards to charging of batteries, just with the connection via bluetooth. For example, improving compatibility with some android devices, or adjusting connection timeout to prevent it getting stuck if VictronConnect crashes for some reason.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.