question

i-wish avatar image
i-wish asked

Victron Blue Smart 10A 12V Preset Profile for Optima Yellowtop

Hi,

I would like to confirm that the "AGM Spiral Cell" in the preset profiles is for the Optima range of car batteries?

As far as I am aware Optima is the only company producing the these?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @I Wish, welcome to the Community!

No, a number of other manufacturers produce spiral-cell AGMs, you just particularly notice it on the Optimas because they have the casing that shows it.

As with charging any battery via any method, carefully check the manufacturer's recommended charge voltages and set your charger accordingly; if you do not find a preset that matches your battery's recommendations, then you can always select "user defined" and set your charge voltages according to the manufacturer's specs.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

i-wish avatar image
i-wish answered ·

Thanks for the clarification.

I will compare the manufacturer's recommended charge voltages and the Victron presets to see how they compare.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic