question

nicolas-mazzoleni avatar image
nicolas-mazzoleni asked

Is it possible to charge two 12V batteries wired in parallel

Hello guys,

I got a question for you: I have an installation in a camper van with two 100ah 12V batteries (which gives me 200ah 12V as they are wired in parallel), and using a Victron IP22 to charge them. So far I charge them individually, but I would like to know if it is possible to charge them at the same time.

On this product page (https://www.photonicuniverse.com/en/catalog/full/525-Victron-30A-12V-Blue-Smart-IP22-mains-battery-charger-with-Bluetooth-connectivity.html) it says that "This unit is able to charge either a single 12V battery, or several 12V batteries connected in parallel (batteries must be the same type, capacity and age)." Which is exactly what I need :) The question is how to wire the charger properly.

Thank you !

Nicolas

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes, you can wire two in parallel.
Be sure to wire them as in the diagram below to ensure an equal charge on both batteries.

1600151641778.png (7.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nicolas-mazzoleni avatar image nicolas-mazzoleni commented ·

Yes perfect ! Thank you for your reactivity

0 Likes 0 ·