question

intra avatar image
intra asked

Feature Request: Charging/Discharging Limit in Scheduling.

Hello,

I've been using the Venus GX with the ESS assistant for a little while now, i have a specific problem where my outdoor enclosure (which houses a multiplus 2) isn't in the best position as it gets exposed to the hot midday sun.

I was wondering if its possible to add a few extra variables to the "scheduled charging" where we can limit the charge/discharge rate of the multiplus on a timed schedule where we could set the charging/discharging limit to say 400W charge and 600W discharge to help with temperatures from midday to 2pm and then back up to 1500W after?

The enclosure is exposed to sun for about one hour and then its shaded again, I know the ultimate fix is to move the enclosure and i do have plans but this would be helpful in this scenario.

Multiplus-IIVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I added a request a while ago for having an inverter power limit in ESS schedules which would effectively control the discharge portion:

https://community.victronenergy.com/idea/58510/feature-request-ess-inverter-limits.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.