question

solalasolar avatar image
solalasolar asked

Victron 100/30 Voltage Settings for Winner Solar SMF

Hi,

i have two Winner W280S (280Ah) as a Strip to get 24V for my inverter. Now i want to make a Profile for the correct Voltages for charging them both. Here are the voltages that Winner says they should be:

- Bulk 14,8V

- Absorption 15,4V

- Float 13,7V

so, i think i take them all as 2x. But whitch one is the right one in the profile? There i have:

- Absorption Voltage

- Float Voltage should be 27,4V

- Equalisation Voltage

Thanks a lot for your help!

gr33tings,

Robert

solarbattery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @SolalaSolar

In 'Vicron-speak' (a generally accepted standard)..

..Bulk is a transitional stage on the way to the Absorb target. There's no setting for it.

..Absorb is the maximum V that's targeted on a normal cycle. Akin to your 14.8V, but that's quite an aggressive level.

..Float is after Absorb is finished (the same in your case).

..Equalize is a maintenance procedure, not done daily, and you may decide not to use it at all. That'll be the 15.4V level you listed.

What you actually choose is largely dependent on what you're doing with your batts, cycling daily or largely as backup (Storage). And of course the batts themselves.

Bear in mind that Temperature Compensation will also apply, so the settings you choose will rise with cold batteries (and vice versa). If the maker doesn't provide their settings for that, then they aren't being fair, and the V settings they provide become 'shaky'.

Aggressive settings can cause longevity issues, and I prefer to take a softer approach. Usually the Victron defaults are fine, say 14.4 Abs/13.8 Float for non-specialized batts. You choose..

And yes, for 24V just double them.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solalasolar avatar image
solalasolar answered ·

Hi @JohnC!

Thank you for your time and answer! At this Point i have this Settings:

- Absorption Voltage 29,60

- Float Voltage 27,40

- Equalization Voltage 30,80

Here is a Screenshot of the manufacture Settings. Maybe you can See something there, but it‘s german. If necessary i can try to translate ist. Thank you again for your help!

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Das wären so laut Hersteller die richtigen Einstellungen, wobei ich die wie JohnC auch etwas hoch finde. Aber wenn der Hersteller das so angibt, wird das wohl stimmen.

0 Likes 0 ·
solalasolar avatar image solalasolar Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Matthias! Gott sei Dank, ein deutscher! Stimmen dann die Einstellungen, so wie angegeben? Danke!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ solalasolar commented ·

Wie gesagt, wenn der Hersteller das so angibt, wird das schon stimmen.

14.8 Absorption, 13.7 Float und 15.4 Ausgleich.

0 Likes 0 ·
solalasolar avatar image solalasolar Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Super, dann ist ja alles richtig. Vielen Dank. Ciao.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic