question

Stephen Johnson avatar image
Stephen Johnson asked

Multiplus Tripping Ground Fault

I've been testing my Multiplus 3000-120-12v in my Grand Design Imagine travel trailer. So far, I have only tested Output 1, since I am not connected to shore power. I have the chassis ground connection of the Multiplus grounded to the trailer chassis. The incoming shore power ground is connected to the Input Ground on the Multiplus, but I understand it is not used unless power is detected. The Multiplus Output ground goes to both load centers: (1) main and (2) shore power only. I was advised by the Grand Design technical support that the existing bare wire going to the main load center's ground bus is connected to chassis ground, so I disconnected that wire in favor of the ground coming from the Multiplus. I have tested Output 1 and I am able to run the microwave, TV, etc. from the batteries. Unfortunately, the GFCI receptacle is tripped and can't be reset. Any ideas to get the GFCI problem fixed?

Multiplus-IIGrounding
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic