question

ashley avatar image
ashley asked

Batterylife algorith option for Bluesolar MPPT

Hi all,

i have an off grid system with a 150/70 BlueSolar MPPT, a BMV700 and a 24/1600 Phoenix Compact inverter. I am having issues in understanding the Battery Life algorithm option on the MPPT. There is no information on the MPPT manual whereas the Victron Connect manual refer to the manual. I have got some information on the ESS and understood the functionality but i wonder if it is applicable to the MPPT.

If the Batterylife option is enabled on the MPPT, what SOC reference will it take as there is no option to set a SOC?

Thanking you for your return on this.

Ashley

MPPT ControllersBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Battery Life is only really applicable to MPPT Charge Controllers which are able to control a load via "Load Output" terminals. The 150/70 does not have Load Output terminals, which is why you can't find it in that manual.
If you have connected your MPPT to a Venus device then a Battery Life algorithm is available as part of the ESS system (if configured). In this instance it is more of a system-wide Battery Life algorithm not restricted to the MPPT it's self.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ashley avatar image ashley commented ·

Thank you for you answer @WKirby . That will help.

0 Likes 0 ·
peromb avatar image
peromb answered ·

Hello,

I have another question regarding this topic.

We're using BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 for solar street light application. The LED source is connected directly to the load output of the charger.

I know, that the Batterylife algorithm is changing the load disconnect/connect voltage thresholds, according to how the battery was charged. But what are the actual thresholds for the 12V system, what is the absolute low/high disconnect/connect voltage and what is the daily increment, if the battery was not charged again?

Knowing this would help a lot configuring the light, taking into account the voltage drop in the cables, and also solving some issues with cases where light doesn't switch ON at all.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Peter

2 |3000

solguy avatar image
solguy answered ·

Hello I'm interested with this response too, for use a VE.Direct TX digital output cable (PWM light dimming cable) ASS030550500 to drive a phoenix or multiplus inverter with Battery Life Optimisation Algorithm with a Mppt 150/35 régulateur.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron BatteryProtect product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic