question

Bryan avatar image
Bryan asked

How to determine if DVCC is a good option for configuration

As the title says, I’m trying to figure out if I should be using DVCC or not. My setup is expansive, but not complicated, and it’s a marine application.

10kw generator

1x Quattro 12/5000/220 utilizing the VE.BUS BMS

2x Battery Protect

8x Victron MPPT’s hosting 3kw of solar,

5x Victron Smart Lithium 300AH.

B700 Battery Monitor

1x D400 Wind Generator

I’m looking for some advice, I inherited this system when I purchased the boat, but went from a dual Quattro in parallel to a single Quattro. So I’ve had to configure everything from scratch, with very little knowledge.

I’ve read up on ESS - and it appears I should NOT be using the ESS assistants because of the lack of Anti Islanding.

I’ve attempted to read on the DVCC system, but I’m not sure if it would be helpful.

I’d love to hear from someone that’s using a similar setup, and understand what configuration, assistants they are using, and why.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESSVEConfigure 3DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Bryan

"When not to use ESS

• Off-grid systems - either with or without generator.
  • Marine systems.
  • Automotive systems.
  • Inverter priority, also known as 'Intentional islanding“ or 'Ignore AC' input systems."

Also chapter 7 has a good explanation and table that will answer your questions.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Color-Control-GX-EN-240820.pdf

1599405806975.png (194.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.