question

Matias Käkelä avatar image
Matias Käkelä asked

Help a newbie wiring Easysolar remote switch

Hi,

I’d like to install a remote switch to my Easysolar 1600. Because I’m a newbie, I’d like to ask for help to eliminate costly mistakes.

From what I gather I could use generic 3 position switch, such as this https://www.amazon.com/Single-Double-Rocker-Switches-SHIPPING/dp/B074XKDH9F to remotely change between on/off/charger only. Am I correct?

The next question is about the wiring. It’s not clear to me to which poles I should connect to which Easysolar inputs (charger, middle, on).

I know that there are similar questions asked before, but they seem to concern Multiplus, which has different inputs (ch, +, on IIRC).

I would appreciate if someone could instruct how to do the wiring (or if I’m completely mistaken and this should be left to professionals).

thank you in advance!

EasySolar All-in-Oneswitch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

A pic from the multiplus 1600-70-16 manual.

You need a single pole switch, with 3 positions. ON OFF CHARGE.

The switch you linked is correct.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matias Käkelä avatar image Matias Käkelä commented ·

Thank you @klim8skeptic! How about the wiring. Can I just connect the leftmost pin to remote switches terminal 1 (charger only), middle pin to middle terminal, and rightmost pin to terminal 3 (on)?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Matias Käkelä commented ·

correct .

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

when you take the cover off the easysolar you will see the main board and the override plug. it will be blue in colour and have a existing loop wire in it. remove the loop wire and insert two wires one in each posistion and take these to wires to a switch open ciruits turns the unit off closed turns it on. length is of no real concern

NOTE the easy solar inverter is the same as a Multiplus the easysolar has a inbuilt solar regulator added

1 comment
2 |3000

Matias Käkelä avatar image Matias Käkelä commented ·

Is that different to the “remote switch” connector mentioned in the manual?

The connector I’m talking about can be seen in this picture.

0 Likes 0 ·
1599301901708.png (2.1 MiB)

Related Resources

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic