question

neuk avatar image
neuk asked

Victron Venus GX Remote Console Menu Not Accessible

Hi all

I hope that everyone is well.

I was checking a few settings of our system last night and I am not sure what has happened but I cannot access the Venus GX remote console menu any more, although I can see the Remote Console via VRM or via IP. Has anyone experienced this before? Would rebooting/restarting the Venus help at all? If so how do I reboot/restart the Venus? I did have an issue connecting to Remote Console via VRM a few days ago which sorted itself out overnight.

Thanks

Venus GX - VGX
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Neuk

To software reboot

Go to the remote console

Settings -> settings-> general -> reboot?

It is near the bottom of the list just above demo mode.

I hope that does solve the problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
neuk avatar image neuk Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Alex

Thanks but that wouldn't have helped at all as I could not access any Menu within the Remote Console. What I did was to remove the DC In cables, wait a minute, reconnect them and wait for the Venus GX to start up again. This solved my issue and I am now able to access the Menu setup in the Remote Console.

Thanks

Nic

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ neuk commented ·

My apologies, I misunderstood the explanation about the access.

Glad you managed to sort it out though.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

from Alex

Thanks but that wouldn't have helped at all as I could not access any Menu within the Remote Console. What I did was to remove the DC In cables, wait a minute, reconnect them and wait for the Venus GX to start up again. This solved my issue and I am now able to access the Menu setup in the Remote Console.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sinbad avatar image
sinbad answered ·

I have had a similar issue in the last few weeks. Fortunately I have a CCGX so I could reboot it by holding the two top buttons.

The top right button itself did nothing when pressed normally - ie could not enter menu - either from remote console on LAN or from the CCGX itself

2 |3000

jeroen avatar image
jeroen answered ·

It is a known issue, but not replicable. If you can reproduce this reliably please let us know. And please report the Venus version number as well. It should be fixed in 2.60.

see https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/issues/693

2 |3000